TOTALLY AS NEW2020 FENDER American ARTIST Kenny Wayne Shepherd Stratocaster'TRANSPARENT SONIC BLUE'WITH SUPER DARK ROSEWOOD FINGERBOARD ! ....ITS ALMOST LIKE EBONY ! ....REALLY MAKES THE BLOCK INLAYS POP !CHAMBERED ASH BODY FOR INCREDIBLE RESONANCE !COMPLETELY SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE WITH NO EXPECTED RESTOCK DATES..WEIGHT: 6.5 LBS ON ULTRASHIP DIGITAL POSTAL SCALES
A true Featherweight !SURELY ONE OF THE LIGHTEST KWS STRATS IN THE WORLD !Product Description
Modern blues master Kenny Wayne Shepherd is known for his fiery guitar chops and masterful songwriting skills - garnering many plaudits and fans over his 30-year long career.
The Louisiana-born rocker has always been synonymous with the venerable Fender Stratocaster, and his latest signature model from the Corona-based company is a classy workhorse with many '60s-inspired features - including a time-honoured "C"-shaped neck profile and bound Rosewood fingerboard with block inlays.
The elegant Kenny Wayne Shepherd Strat features the old-school Ash/Maple construction that so many of Fender's classic instruments adhere to. While the balanced-sounding Ash body serves as a fantastic tonal foundation for the trio of single-coils, the Maple neck gives this instrument a definitive snap and plenty of upper mid-range clarity.
Both the body and neck are finished in a traditional nitrocellulose lacquer, with its porous coating allowing for an airier sound with lots of vibrancy. This Kenny Wayne Shepherd Strat certainly tips its hat to Fender models from the golden era, and will age beautifully over time.
Despite its old-school tonewoods, the Kenny Wayne Shepherd Strat's body is chambered to lighten the whole guitar and to allow it to resonate more naturally. This unique contemporary twist makes the instrument very comfortable to play onstage, with a forgiving weight that won't put any strain on your shoulder.
The Kenny Wayne Shepherd Stratocaster comes equipped with a set of the bluesman's signature Fender pickups - custom-voiced to meet his tonal demands. With a vintage character, these pickups capture that unmistakable Strat spank but have a much punchier mid-range attack with throaty overtones.
- Body Material: Chambered Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Early '60s "C"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Block
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648mm)
- Bridge Pickup: Custom-Voiced Kenny Wayne Shepherd Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Custom-Voiced Kenny Wayne Shepherd Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Custom-Voiced Kenny Wayne Shepherd Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup Position 3. Middle Pickup Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo with Graph Tech Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Control Knobs: White Plastic
- Pickguard: 4-Ply White Pearloid
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Hardshell